Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Three day weekends give rise to apathy

Which is just not right. I should be refreshed and peppy after a three day break. Tell you the truth the LAST thing I wanted to do was go to school. First hour was particularly harsh. I was scattered and rather inarticulate...... we got through somehow.The rest of the day went progressively better.

I have to admit it was totally my fault I did not prepare enough. The rest of the week is going a lot better as well.

One complaint that I do have is how fellow teachers minimize what I teach. Today a fellow colleague told me she couldn't believe how a student flunked my test. Looking her in the eye I told her maybe the test was hard for her. Then I gave her the test. I have been teaching for a long time, I certainly do not have the "easy a" classes. some classes are easier than others, but nutrition is difficult for some students. I guess I get mad because it implies that I don't teach anything. rude. That is kind of a pride thing that doesn't have anything to do with anything...

Went to a training this morning on a program for students to turn in their papers on line. It looked pretty cool. I shall try it this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment